At the Manchester Tart Company we use the finest quality, fresh ingredients in all that we produce and make everything from scratch in our large home kitchen. We use the best independent local suppliers for meat and vegetables, we only ever use free-range eggs and our pastry is made entirely by hand using butter. We have researched many regional ‘heritage’ and classical recipe ideas, which we produce to the highest quality. We continually develop our own recipes using local ingredients and cooking traditions and likewise take influences and incorporate ingredients from international cuisines in order to broaden our range of products.
Great Taste Awards
Organised by the Guild of Fine Food, the Great Taste Awards are the acknowledged benchmark for speciality food and drink.
- 3 Gold Stars for our Cumberland Mutton pie
- Nominated for ‘Best Speciality Product in the North of England’
- Listed in the Guild of Fine Food’s Top 50 UK Products 2013
‘Beautiful hand made appearance. Superb pastry that is beautifully cooked and filled with intensely flavoured meat filling. Mutton flavour sings along with the mushroom, of which there are lovely chunks. A wonderful pie’. Comments from the Great Taste Awards judges.
- Gold Star for our Fish Pie
- Gold Star for our Fidget Pie
- Gold Star for our Chorlton Clanger
- Gold Star for our Lancashire Hot Pot Pie
British Pie Awards
With over 900 entries each year, the British Pie Awards celebrates the heritage of the British Pie and the craft of the pie maker.
- Gold award for our Cock a Leekie Pie
- Silver award for our Bramley Apple Pie
- Gold award for our Fidget Pie
- Silver award for our Steak & Kidney Pie
- Silver award for our Chorlton Clanger